Our affiliates provide a safe, non-judgmental environment for you to discuss your experiences and learn about grief with others who have been there. The service we provide is free, no charge for our help and support.
They give you a chance to talk, in a confidential setting, about how the death of your loved one affects your life. Facilitators walk the grief journey with you, giving you a light in the darkness.
Our affiliates offer a range of individual and group support programs, in both an open and closed setting. While professional help is beneficial to many; peer programs provide an additional and sometimes alternative resource for those who are grieving.
Bereaved Families of Ontario can assist you to be helpful for a friend, relative or co-worker who has experienced the death of a loved one.
BFO Provincial is overseen by a board of directors that is comprised of dedicated volunteers who also give their time to their regional affiliate.
- Chair – Jane Smart, Toronto
- Vice-Chair – Richard Sheppard, Halton Peel Region
- Treasurer – Ryan Moffat, South Central Region
- Secretary – Holly Gomes, Midwestern Region
- Director – Gary Goswell – Durham Region
- Director – Elsabe Falkson, Kingston Region
- Director – Doug Cargo, Ottawa Region
- Director – Andrea Crowley – Peterborough Region
- Director – Lauren Krobish, Southwest Region
- Director – Nancy Dal Cin – York Region